As you know, social media is a MUST with almost all businesses these days. The chance of survival without a strong social media presence is slim to none! Here I outline my best tips for becoming a pro at social media. These tips can be applied to all networks.
If you have any other tips feel free to share them with me.
1. The most important this is to be ON social media but social media is such a general term. What I suggest is the ABC/123 rule! A is the best so you should have one MAIN network, let's say it's Facebook. You need to learn the most about your A network and make sure you have a strong presence on this network. Then B,which is average or secondary you will have 2 networks that you use regularly but are not an expert. Let's say you choose Pinterest and Instagram. You will still be educated on these platforms but might just do 1 Instagram post a day and a few pins each week. Then for C, you may have LinkedIn, Google Plus and Twitter but maybe you only go on once a week or much less regularly.
2. Be consistent across all channels! Make sure whichever networks you use you have the same logo/images and same general description and contact information.
3. Use images, video or even live streaming replays! Images and videos will help grow your brand and create more of an emotional connection for your fans. They really get to know you and your company much more. You can use the images/videos to share across different platforms.
4. Use a scheduling tool to make life simpler. Whether it be Buffer, Edgar, Hootsuite or another, these tools make scheduling content so much easier!
5. Reuse content! Every time you post it doesn't have to be brand new content. You can repurpose your old content. Use blogs in your email marketing or on social media. Also, it's great to share other company's articles or blogs as long as it's in alignment with your business. Always make sure your content is relevant and has a purpose!
6. Mix up your content. Do everything from pictures, videos, blog posts, infographics, share your knowledge, ask questions and anything else that gets engagement and your followers enjoy!
7. Use #Hashtags in your posts. Hashtags are a unique way of making your content more easily found. You can search hashtags among several different networks. Anyone who uses the specific hashtag will come up in the feed. If I search #smallbiz on Facebook I will get a list of posts from anyone who has used that hashtag. You can use hashtags on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Periscope, Google Plus, Pinterest and more!
8. Be consistent! This is so important because this is how you will grow your following and gain the trust of your followers. As mentioned in #1 you may have 6 networks you use so you have to have a plan for being consistent. You can use the scheduling tool, hire someone to help or just create a posting schedule.
9. Interact on all networks you use. I know I mentioned being consistent with posts which is important but it is also very important to do "social networking". Treat online networking like you would in person networking. Engage with others, be part of conversations, offer tips or advice and build relationships. After becoming known as an expert in your field and creating value, you will start to earn the trust of others.
10. Stary up to date as much as possible with things happening in the social media world. I am HUGE on education and I know it's impossible to know everything but find 1 or 2 experts and follow their Periscopes or Podcasts to "learn on the go". I like to listen in the car or when I am getting ready in the morning.
So there are my top 10 Tips on becoming a Social Media Pro!
As always, if you need help with your social media I am here to help! Feel free to submit a question or book a discovery call under the CONTACT Me tab.